Monday, August 7, 2017

Day 23

We managed to fix our light source today; I was able to find a new bulb with the help of Matt, and not only does it work, it's quite a bit brighter than the first one was before it blew out. I then took a new series of images with the thinnest piece of glass we could find, but unfortunately the newly increased brightness of the bulb needed to be accounted for in my code, so the plots and images I received on the other end were entirely dominated by noise. Eventually, after some jiggering with the code, I modified the SNR range, and managed to get rid of most of the noise. Our new camera should be coming tomorrow, so our next step will be performing the same tests with the fancier camera and comparing the results to our current ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment