Monday, August 14, 2017

Day 28

Today I finished the new and improved version of my presentation and showed it to Dmitry. While he did have a couple tips and pointers for things to fix, he said it was quite a bit better than the first attempt. I've made sure that my slides are now better organized and flow more easily, I even added in some animations to describe Kepler's pixels, graphs comparing my results, a GIF (an artist's rendition of an exoplanet rotating on its axis), and a short video showing the motion of a transiting exoplanet. I spent a good deal of time making sure all my sources were properly cited, and took close up pictures of different parts of our setup to include in the presentation.

I was about to transfer the file onto a flash drive to give to Joe, but my flash drive (which is pretty old) stopped working. I figured my best bet was to head to "The Hub" and buy a new one, so I plugged it into Google maps and followed the directions for half a mile to the other side of campus, only to find that it had led me to a post office. The Hub, it turns out, was only a minute's walk away from our building, right next to Bytes; so I walked back across campus and luckily I was able to find a good flash drive there.

No comments:

Post a Comment