Friday, August 11, 2017

Day 27

This morning I took some pictures of each part of our setup for my presentation, before moving on to analyze the different Gaussians. It appears that the spot without the glass is about 3.2 pixels wide at half maximum (about 20 microns) while the spot with a 0.122 in glass window is about 3.5 pixels across (about 23 microns). In addition to being a sharper image, the spot is a fair amount brighter without a window impeding it.

For the rest of the day, I worked on my presentation, and practiced it with Dmitry around 3:30. He gave me some really helpful advice on making a good presentation and organizing it properly.  We spent a while going over how I could improve it, and then I spent the rest of the day working on my presentation. I'm going to finalize everything this weekend, so that I can be ready to get it in to Joe on Monday. I also asked Dmitry about continuing to help with research after the internship is over, and he said that I can do that! This project is so interesting, I'm really glad that I'll get to do a little more on it this summer (and maybe fall too?).

No comments:

Post a Comment