Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Day 29

This morning, all the way up until lunch, we shared our presentations with the other interns and presented in front of everybody else plus Joe and Matt. So today was essentially our practice day, and everything went pretty well; Joe approved of everyone's presentations overall, and he and Matt gave some constructive remarks while we asked each other questions about the presentations. My presentation went really well, I was exactly at 10 minutes, and I just needed to tweak a few things. I took some of the time I spent on background and introduction and used it to instead elaborate more on our future research plans and next steps.

This afternoon, after editing my presentation, I presented it to Dmitry, and he thought it was much better than the first rough draft, and that it was coming along really nicely. Dmitry gave me a few pointers and things to improve upon, which I spent the rest of the day working on. I'm now feeling good about the presentation on Thursday; I'm really excited to share my research.

No comments:

Post a Comment