Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Day 30

We spent today practicing and refining our presentations, practicing in the auditorium and in front of Dmitry. Emily, Paige, and I listened to Peter and Ashley present in the auditorium and gave them some constructive comments, mostly helping with different formatting and slide-layout problems. I myself practiced going through my description of our setup, to create a clearer flow of my description of the visuals. Now that I've fixed that, everything is running smoothly, and I'm ready to go for tomorrow.

Everyone's presentations are looking really good, I'm excited for us to present tomorrow. It was a little sad that this was our last real day together, but it's been a really great six weeks, and I couldn't have asked for a better group of interns to spend it with. It's been truly incredible, having the chance to participate in substantive research, doing something that will contribute to the scientific community (eventually we'll be sending our data to NASA!). This research is so interesting and I'm so glad that I'll have the chance to keep working with Dmitry after tomorrow. He invited me to come present my research at the IONS conference this fall, which sounds like such a great opportunity! I'll have made some more progress by then, and there will be so many people there, all interested in the same sort of science as me. It'll be so cool to talk to scientists who are so much more experienced; I'll be able to learn so much from them. It looks like a big conference too, it's hosted by the OSA (Optical Society of America).

No comments:

Post a Comment